2015 Rollfast Gran Fondo Recap December 09 2015, 0 Comments
September 13, 2015
Carmel Indiana USA
If you were able to attend the Fondo back in September you no doubt have some great memories. The morning started out chilly, but turned into a beautiful sunny Indiana day. Perfect conditions were only enhanced by great roads, fully stocked rest areas, incredible volunteers, live music and freely flowing beer!
We had an elite group of 25 riders finish the 100 mile ride in under 4 hours. This is the fastest 100 mile open road ride in the country! Congratulations to those athletes that completed this challenge.
For those that took in the sites, the pace was relaxed and pleasurable.
Joining the ride in 2015 was former Pro Cyclist Bob "BOBKE" Roll. You may recognize Bobke from his many years of doing television commentary during the Tour de France with Phil Ligget and Paul Sherwen and Christian Vande Velde. Bob rode professionally on the first US based cycling team in the Tour de France, 7 Eleven.
- Professionally designed and marked routes
- Police controlled start/finish
- Motorcycle escort
- Tom Wood Ford support trucks
- Chip timing with live results
- Rest stops with lunch provided
- VIP Lounge presented by Family Leisure
- Upgraded food by Matt the Miller’s
- Normatec Recovery Stations
- Live music
- Free Sun King beverages
- Food by Greek’s Pizzeria
- Door prizes from Trek, Sram, Zipp, Hofmeister Jewelers, Crew Car Wash
A photo gallery has been created on the Rollfast SmugMug account. If you have photos you would like to share, just email us and we'd be happy to upload them! https://rollfast.smugmug.com/photos/swfpopup.mg?AlbumKey=vdP8Jg
About the Rollfast Gran Fondo
Our vision is building a happier and healthier world through cycling. Matt and Chris Tanner founded the Rollfast Gran Fondo with the objective of sharing their passion for riding bikes in arguably one of the prettiest landscapes in the Mid-West. The Rollfast Gran Fondo has three ride options to suit all skill levels and features a Start/Finish venue at the beautiful Carmel City Center.
- Founded in 2013, we are Indiana’s first and only Gran Fondo
- Ranked 11th best Fondo in the United States (Gran Fondo Guide)
- We are creating a cycling legacy in Carmel, Indiana
- 16% of riders travel from out of state to participate
- Recruited 3 of the most well known professional cyclists in the World to our event